Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Camping in Wyoming


We went camping somewhere close to yellowstone on September 12th with our friends Chad and Rebekah Hughes and their son Eric. The boys were ready to do some hunting so the kids and I tagged along. It was really fun until we were to get ready for bed. Then it was freezing. It was sooo cold that it was hard to breath. Let me tell you that was one long night. My friend said it wasn't that cold. Ok, so maybe I am a woose, but it was misserable. Neil even said it was cold and he has camped out in some pretty cold temperatures. At about 5:00 a.m. the boys set out to do their hunting while the rest of us just waited for the sun to come up and warm us up. Later that day the kids, Bekah and I all took a nap. The boys hunted!



Poor Devan he was so cold. Even with a sweater, coat and his blanket he was cold. After a while we all snuggled up around the camp fire to keep warm.





Our friend Bekah and her son Eric sitting around the camp fire trying to keep warm.






Chad rustling us up some grub. Mmmm.....yummy!
Sometime around 9:00 p.m. on Saturday we headed home. It was a three hour drive back to our home. At one point we were so tired that we pulled over to sleep and then drove home. It never felt so good to be back in our own beds with the heater on. You read right, our heater is turned on. In September!

2 comments:

Melvin and Carly said...

Brrr! Hope it was fun, even if it was cold. I can't imagine having the heater turned on! We're still waiting for days when the air conditioner won't be needed. Stay warm while we wish for fall weather!

Tessa Marie said...

Oh my heck, I can't imagine how cold you guys must have been! You're crazy!!! But I bet it was still fun :)