Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oops! We found our Christmas present

For Christmas this year Neil and I decided to get the kids a kitty. I had gone down to out local animal shelter and found our new kitty. She is so friendly and really pretty. I brought her home today and hid her in the garage hoping the kids would not find her and then we would surprise them on Christmas morning. It's only two weeks away, I could have done it. Right? Anyway Devan came home from school and the cat was going crazy in the garage. He says "Mom! I hear a cat. Is there a cat in the house?" I tried to play it off that the cat was outside or at the neighbors house, but he new better. He went to the top of the stairs where you can really hear the cat. Before I could even stop Kami she was down the stairs, flings open the door to the garage and out comes the cat. Of coarse my kids start screaming from pure excitement. I called Neil to tell him "the Cat it out of the bag", literally. The kids have found their Christmas present. I think he was just as excited about the cat as the kids. We were a little sad that we could not surprise them on Christmas morning, but seeing their faces was priceless.

6 comments:

Brant and Jana said...

Such a Cute story!!! They will still love Christmas morning!

Natalie said...

Honestly, I can't believe Neil was up to getting a house cat!!! How fun for the kids. Early Christmas presents can be fun too! =)

Lorin and Janice said...

Looks like fun. Your kids will enjoy having a pet and Neil will too he is a softy at heart. That is cool that you got it from a shelter - so many animals need a good home. Have fun. Lorin

Tessa Marie said...

Hahaha, I can't believe they found it! You're right, it is a beautiful cat! :)

The Beaumonts said...

A few years ago, we hid a leopard gecko and a hamster in our bathroom for over two weeks. It was NOT easy. You saved yourself a lot of worry and sneaking. Merry Christmas.

George and Joanna said...

How funny! A kitty may have been a little easier to hide, but that is a pretty cat.